Quick, easy, Paleo breakfast for the morning.
1 cup greens (collards, kale, spinach)
1 cup chopped onions and peppers
Salt and pepper to taste
4 slices of bacon, fried or baked
Saute onions and peppers and greens in oil of choice 2-3 minutes or until soft.
Crack eggs over veggies. Cover and cook 1-2 minutes. Flip, and cook until eggs are done to your liking. Serve with bacon and avocado. You can also chop the bacon and add it with the eggs. This is a great, low carb breakfast option, and can be a great recovery/post workout breakfast – or a more moderate in carb option – if you just add some fruit. And, of course, enjoy with coffee. Makes 2 Servings.
Nutrition Facts: 329 calories, 24 g fat, 10 g carbs, 17 g protein per serving.
And while you’re enjoying your delicious breakfast, here are some breakfast facts:
1. Only 44% of Americans eat breakfast every day
2. People who skip breakfast are more likely to crave carbohydrates later in the day
3. People who eat breakfast everyday are 34% less likely to develop type 2 diabetes
4. 22% of people who skip breakfast are obese
5. Children and students who eat breakfast tend to perform better in school and have better focus than their breakfast skipping peers.